Quality & Environmental Policy
Michael Dyson Associates Limited is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing professional services to the social housing sector, including design, contract administration, surveying and engineering, primarily directed from our head office at Huddersfield.
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd has an established Quality and Environmental system which is accredited to both ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004.
The aim of our system is to both address the principles and processes surrounding the design, development and delivery of our services to our customers and interested parties and ensure we continually achieve a high level of quality and customer satisfaction within our customer’s budget and programme requirements.
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd recognise we have a number of impacts on the environment through our design services and management of our offices, in particular emissions to air, releases to water and use of energy and waste. Our aim within the scope of instructions received from our clients is to deliver sustainable developments through suitable design.
We aim to continually encourage our staff and management team to ensure we provide customers and interested parties with an excellent service whilst looking to reduce our impact on the environment, to enhance our environmental performance and to seek to prevent pollution through the use of best working practices and modern technology.
Our Quality and Environmental commitments are:
- Compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements related to our activities, products and services along with their environmental aspects.
- Identifying quality and environmental objectives by review and audit of our internal processes.
- Setting targets based on the results of process reviews and their significance in relation to their impact on the environment and the continual improvement of our Quality and Environmental System.
- Implementing management programmes to achieve these objectives.
- Progressive improvement of the skills of our staff through a programme of professional development and training.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the planning and design of buildings, and their landscape.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling of equipment and products.
- Promote efficient use of energy, materials, resources, equipment and products
- Ensure environmental criteria are considered in the procurement of goods and services.
- Continual improvement of environmental performance and minimise any impacts by maintaining our Environmental Aspects and Impacts Register.
- Continual improvement of the quality and efficiency of the service we provide to our clients.
- Communicate our policy to staff, customers and the public.
We aim to improve and refine the focus, efficiency and effectiveness of our commitments through periodic reviews of our performance, the performance of our suppliers and through listening to our customers and interested parties.
Alistair M Dyson
Managing Director« Return to Previous Page