ECO Funded External Improvement Works
Slough Borough Council
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Michael Dyson Associates Ltd for their excellent work in securing ECO funding for the refurbishment of our hard to treat properties; their continuing commitment has resolved many problems allowing an imminent start on site. Their initial ‘at risk’ support and subsequent soft market testing has ensured best value for Slough Borough Council, taking a significant amount of pressure off our team which has enabled us to carry out other aspects of our work.
The professionalism, support and decision making given by Michael Dyson Associates has achieved speedy resolutions to technical and funding issues which has benefited in the smooth progress of the pre contract activity”.
Nature of Work Undertaken
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd was appointed as Lead Consultant to manage various activities, and protect the Council’s interests, in connection with the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding and proposed external improvement works to 350 non traditional and “hard to treat” properties in Slough.
Through an established and ongoing relationship with the Council, we were asked to assist with their bid to obtain ECO funding to improve the thermal efficiency, structural and aesthetic performance of each property. We provided negotiation services with the energy providers and carried out compliance activities.
The core works included:
- Structural repairs to steel and concrete components (where necessary)
- Installation of external wall insulation render system
- Roof verge and soffit extensions to accommodate the new wall thickness
- Removal and reinstatement of external fixtures and fittings (or replacement if more feasible) to facilitate the aforementioned works, ie rainwater goods, gates, fences, boundary walls, pathways, lights, etc.
- Management and co-ordination of all utility works (gas, electric and telecommunication) to facilitate the works.
- Energy Surveys
- ECO Funding Facilitation
- Contract Administration
- CDM Co-ordinator