Corporate & Social Responsibility
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is committed to contributing towards the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the communities in which we work. To this end we have a defined Social Responsibility commitment based on 5% of our turnover; this is delivered through our social responsibility programme, specifically developed to measure social value outputs relating to supporting employment, work experience, mentoring, training opportunities and assisting with local community projects.
We have appointed a Social Value Champion who works closely with our clients to identify their social value priorities, considered alongside our own developed social responsibility programme, to ensure our services have a positive impact on the local community. Our commercial membership of TPAS ensures we are constantly developing our resident engagement processes and social value outputs in line with best practice
Our commitment to social value can be demonstrated by initiatives including:
- Appointment of apprenticeships and young people on accredited training courses at our head office location
- Annual intake of at least 6 undergraduate positions from universities throughout the UK, providing accredited training and sponsorship opportunities leading to graduate employment.
- Attendance at local careers fairs, university open days, providing lectures and careers advice at schools and universities.
- Commitment to providing mentoring and financial support to our designated charity, Worth Unlimited, a charity and social enterprise providing youth clubs, food and learning related programmes to children and adults
- Commitment to supporting educational and charitable initiatives within the communities in which we work e.g. presentation to teenage girls regarding women in construction in Lewisham
- Assisting with local community projects including painting of local scout hut/community centres, donations to local food banks, homeless shelters, Christmas lunches, laptops to encourage digital inclusion etc.
- Operation of a charitable fund to support and sponsor our staff and clients in their own charity fundraisers; these have included 3 Peaks Challenge, Race for Life, Great North Run
- Training for our client teams to “upskill” in relation to our service provision e.g. HHSRS surveys, procurement activities, carbon reduction initiatives etc.
- Promoting sustainable procurement policies, engagement with local supply chains and social enterprises.