Housing Developments for Metropolitan
Metropolitan Housing Trust
Nature of Work Undertaken
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd was appointed to provide pre & post contract Employers Agent services to Metropolitan Housing Trust (MHT) on four new build housing developments as follows:
- 23 x 1 and 2 bed flats at Gants Hill, Ilford for affordable rent and shared ownership under a s106 agreement with Barratt Homes.
- 14 x 2,3 and 4 bed houses at Guntons Close, Soham for affordable rent being delivered under a JCT D&B contract
- 70 mixed tenure houses at Barnet being developed by Barratt Homes. The S106 agreement, to provide 20 affordable homes purchased by MHT under a Golden Brick Development Agreement, included 10 flats for shared ownership, two houses for shared ownership and eight houses for affordable rent.
- 57 mixed tenure houses in Cambridge for mixed tenure 57 new homes at Coldhams Lane, Cambridge, mix of affordable and private houses and flats. The affordable element purchased by MHT under an S106 agreement.
Employers Agent Services Provided:
- All pre-construction negotiations
- Site inspections to monitor workmanship, progress and compliance with the agreed specifications and designs
- Arranging, chairing and recording monthly site progress meetings
- Valuation inspections, preparation and issue of stage payment notices
- Pre-handover quality inspections and issue of property defect logs for rectification
- End of rectification period inspections, issue logs and rectification management