“Michael Dyson Associates Ltd has always managed construction contracts with the utmost regard for health and safety; aligning our service with the requirements of the CDM Regulations. CDM 2015 is at the heart of our service provision; protecting our clients’ best interests whilst delivering safety in design, construction and maintenance”
Our extensive design, construction and specialist engineering knowledge provides project delivery teams with comprehensive appreciation of health, safety and welfare for all forms of construction including high rise building projects; we lead to protect the best interests of others. We have the resources and competence to act as Principal Designer or CDM Consultant for new build, refurbishment and specialist projects. All staff members carrying out these duties are Incorporated Members of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS). In addition we hold Corporate Membership of the Assocation for Project Safety and our systems hae been certified as meeting Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) requirements.
In driving forward the cause of project safety and accident reduction we seek to impart our knowledge, experience and understanding to all members of the project delivery team; our ISO 9001/14001:2015 integrated management systems ensure that our processes and activities align with all Health and Safety Regulations and Official Guidance. We offer services to cosntructio clients and to contractors with the aim of delivery efficientm, economic, pragmatic yet robust Health and Safety outcomes. Key services include:
- Plan, manage, monitor the pre-construction phase and co-ordinate matters relating to health and safety during pre-construction to ensure, so far as reasonably practical, the project is carried out without risk to health and safety
- Take account of general principles of prevention.
- Identify and eliminate or control, so far as reasonably practical, foreseeable risk to the health and safety of any person.
- Ensure all designers comply with their duties in regulation 9.
- Ensure all persons co-operate with the Client, Principal Designer and each other.
- Assist the Client to provide pre-construction information.
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor.
- Prepare the Health and Safety File and review and or update as appropriate.
- Ensure the cooperation and coordination of Health and Safety related requirements.
- Advise on the potential for harm and change control
- Manage the delivery team relating to Health and Safety including technical advice and site inspections
- Liaise with the Principal Designer, other Designers and the Principal Contractor
- Provide design, specification and construction audits
- Provide pre and post construction phase advice to contractors
- Provide training in CDM matters to contractors
We offer a cost effective service whilst following all regulatory requirements adding value to the project for the benefit of clients, contractors and end users.
For further information on our services please contact Mark Perkin
« View all services